Chicken Marsala w/ Roasted Garlic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil Marketplace Julie’s Everything Seasoning
- 2 6 to 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in halves and pounded thin
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil Marketplace Roasted Garlic EVOO
- 4 tablespoons butter— Olive Oil Marketplace Convert to Butter EVOO
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Marsala Wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped chives for garnish
- In a shallow bowl or plate combine the flour and Everything Seasoning and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Quickly dredge the chicken breast halves in the seasoned flour mixture, shaking to remove any excess flour.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter to the pan and add the mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden brown around the edges and have given off their liquid.
- Add the Marsala wine and bring to a boil, scraping to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. When the wine has reduced by half, add the chicken stock and cook for 3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Lower the heat to medium and return the chicken breasts to the pan and continue to cook until they are cooked through and the sauce has thickened, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Swirl in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with chopped chives,
- Drizzle some Roasted Garlic Olive Oil over the top and serve immediately
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment