White Truffle Mac and Cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (equal parts rosemary, thyme and basil)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil Marketplace White Truffle EVOO or Olive Oil Marketplace White Truffle with Garlic EVOO
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup Japanese bread crumbs (panko)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the broiler.
- Add butter to a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onions and garlic until they turn slightly brown.
- Add the flour and whisk together for 3 minutes to make a blonde roux.
- Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent the roux from burning. Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the roux has dissolved completely and you can no longer taste the flour.
- Add the pasta and stir until hot. Add the fresh herbs, the truffle oil, and half of the Parmesan and stir until dissolved.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Put all ingredients into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese and bread crumbs on top evenly.
- Place under a broiler until top becomes golden brown