White Truffle Mac and Cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Add butter to a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onions and garlic until they turn slightly brown.
- Add the flour and whisk together for 3 minutes to make a blonde roux.
- Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent the roux from burning. Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the roux has dissolved completely and you can no longer taste the flour.
- Add the pasta and stir until hot. Add the fresh herbs, the truffle oil, and half of the Parmesan and stir until dissolved.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Put all ingredients into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese and bread crumbs on top evenly.
- Place under a broiler until top becomes golden brown