Diabetic Recipe – Pork Stir Fry with Balsamic Vinegar Marinade
As you may know, vinegar is a natural meat tenderizer. Mix it with a little bit of light soy sauce and a pinch of ground ginger to create an easy balsamic vinegar marinade. For a diabetic-friendly meal, pair this stir-fry dish with brown rice or whole-grain noodles.
- 1 lb. lean pork loin sliced into about 1-inch strips
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 small Italian squash peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium onion thinly chopped
- 2 tbsps. Olive Oil Marketplace Spanish Blend EVOO
- 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 2 tbsps. Olive Oil Marketplace White Peach Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and ground ginger in a bowl. Add pork and toss together thoroughly. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 - 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until it becomes soft and slightly yellow.
- Add the marinated pork and all the liquid from the marinade. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add Italian squash and bean sprouts. Continue cooking until the meat is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a small bowl of cooked brown rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment