Cajun Sausage & Cheese Orzo
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil Marketplace Zesty Onion Olive Oil (purchase here)
- 14-ounce Smoked Sausage sliced into ¼" slices
- ½ cup diced onions
- 6 mini sweet peppers or 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 C Chopped Broccoli
- 1 Tbs Get-R-Smoked Blazin' Cajun Spice (purchase here)
- ½ teaspoon dark chili powder
- 3½ cups chicken stock
- 1½ cups Southwest Orzo (purchase here) or any flavor Orzo
- Queso Blanco Velveeta Cheese - 2 slices (1/2" thick)
- scallions, to garnish (optional)
- Place the oil, smoked sausage, onions, mini sweet peppers, broccoli and garlic into a large skillet and sauté until the onions are translucent, approximately 5 minutes over medium-to-low heat.
- Add in the Cajun seasoning and dark chili powder and mix until mixture is well coated
- Stir in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the orzo and stir until combined. Simmer uncovered for 12 minutes or until the orzo is tender.
- Stir in the Velveeta till melted
- Garnish with diced scallions and serve.