Butternut Squash Steaks
- 1 large butternut squash - about 3ILB preferably one with a long thick neck
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil Marketplace Spanish EVOO - Purchased Here
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil Marketplace Butter EVOO - Purchased Here
- 6 sage leaves
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt freshly ground pepper
- Cut the neck off of squash; reserve base for another use. Trim the stem off the neck then peel. Resting neck on cut base, cut in half lengthwise, creating two lobes. Trim off outer rounded side of each piece to create two 3/4"-thick steaks (about 6 oz. per steak); reserve trimmed off sides for another use.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium.
- Cook squash steaks, turning every 3 minutes, until deeply browned on both sides and fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add Butter EVOO, sage, and garlic to skillet, tilt pan toward you so that butter pools on one side, and use a large spoon to continually baste steaks with butter. Cook, basting about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer squash steaks to plates and spoon butter sauce over.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!