Bruschetta Topped Portobello Burger
- 8 medium roma tomatoes diced
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil Marketplace Italian Herb Balsamic - Purchased Here
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil Marketplace Jalapeno Olive Oil - Purchased Here
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps stems removed
- 2 tablespoons shredded White Cheddar cheese
- 2 kaiser rolls split
- Mix roma tomatoes, basil, Parmesan cheese, balsamic, garlic, olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper in a bowl and refrigerate to blend flavors, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill portobello mushrooms with gill sides up on an upper rack of the grill until juicy and hot, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon tomato mixture into mushroom caps to cover entire cap.
- Continue grilling until topping is heated through, another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Top with White Cheddar cheese if desired; grill until cheese has melted, 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Serve on kaiser rolls.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!