Broccoli, Beef & Potato
- 1 1/2 pounds of broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil Marketplace Black Truffle EVOO (purchase here), divided
- 1 1/2 pounds of 95%-lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt, divided
- 4 cups of milk
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch
- 2 cups of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil Marketplace White Honey Ginger Balsamic (purchase here)
- 4 cups of frozen hash-brown
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- Olive Oil Marketplace Black Truffle EVOO (purchase here)
- 1/4 teaspoon of Get-R-Smoked Smoked Paprika
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss broccoli with 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and roast, stirring once halfway though, until just soft and browned in spots, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef and onion and cook, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon, until the beef is browned and the onion is softened, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in Worcestershire, garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Whisk milk and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking often, until bubbling and thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Remove from the heat and stir in Cheddar, 3/4 teaspoon salt and Balsamic until the cheese is melted.
- Spread the beef mixture in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Top with the broccoli and pour the cheese sauce evenly over the top.
- Combine potatoes, egg, pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle evenly over the casserole.
- Brush the top with Olive Oil Marketplace Black Truffle EVOO (purchase here), divided
- Bake the casserole until it is bubbling and the potatoes are beginning to brown, about 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.