Black Bean Couscous Salad
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 ¼ cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil Marketplace Jalapeno Olive Oil purchase here
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil Marketplace White Jalapeno with Lime Balsamic purchase here
- ½ teaspoon Get-R-Smoked Ground Cumin purchase here
- 8 medium 4-1/8" longs green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels thawed
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2 quart or larger sauce pan and stir in the couscous. Cover the pot and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin.
- Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans and toss to coat.
- Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks. Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment