Avocado Toast w/Poached Egg
- 2 very fresh eggs
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil Marketplace Italian Herb Balsamic - Purchase Here
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil Marketplace Meyer Lemon EVOO - Purchase Here
- 2 pieces whole grain bread
- 1 avocado
- handful of greens spinach/chard/arugula
- salt and pepper
- Pepper Flakes - Optional
- Crack the eggs into individual small dishes and set aside while the water is heating.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, turn off the heat and carefully tip the eggs into the water. Cover the pot and poach for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on your preference.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread and mash up the avocado, add the olive oil and salt/pepper. Plate the toast and spread the mashed avocado equally on each slice.
- When the eggs are cooked, lift them out of the water with a slotted spoon. Top toast with avocado, a handful of greens, poached egg, a pinch of salt, pepper and drizzle a balsamic
- Add pepper flakes for a kick .
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!