Green Bean Bundles with Garlic Browned Butter
- 1 pound of thin green beans or haricot verts, trimmed
- 24 long, thin slices red bell pepper
- 8 long, thin scallions
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil Marketplace Mediterranean EVOO
- 1/4 teaspoon of Olive Oil Marketplace sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pan fitted with a steamer basket. Steam green beans and bell pepper until tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Trim whites off scallions and place the 8 long greens on the vegetables in the steamer during the last minute of cooking to soften. Transfer the vegetables to a large plate.
- Divide the beans into 8 portions (10-14 beans each).
- Lay a scallion green on your work surface and place 1 portion of beans and 3 pieces bell pepper across it.
- Wrap the green around the vegetables and tie a knot to secure the bundle. Transfer to a serving platter. Repeat with the remaining vegetables.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; smash garlic flat, add to the pan and cook, swirling often, until the butter is nutty brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Discard the garlic.
- Stir in oil.
- Serve the bundles drizzled with the butter and sprinkled with salt and pepper then drizzle with Mediterranean Olive Oil.
To make a bundle,
- Keep assembled bundles warm in a 225°F oven for up to 15 minutes; brown the butter (Step 3) and hold until ready to serve. Reheat if necessary.
Make Ahead Tip: