Sugar & Spice Walnuts
Add to salads, plain yogurt, on top of ice cream or as a garnish for fall soups. They’re also delicious all by themselves, but I don’t need to tell you that. CLICK HERE or the highlighted products within the recipe to order products suggested for recipe.
- 1 pound walnut halves
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or plain cinnamon or a combo of your favorites
- 1 egg white room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil Marketplace balsamic vinegar purchase here (try Maple or Cinnamon Pear)
- oil for lightly greasing cookie sheet
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Combine sugars, salt and spice in a small mixing bow, mixing until ingredients are fully incorporated and mixture is clump-free.
- In a large bowl, vigorously whisk together egg white and balsamic vinegar until frothy but not stiff, about 45 seconds – 1 minute.
- Add walnuts to egg mixture and gently fold together until walnuts are well coated.
- Using your hands, sprinkle sugar over walnuts and mix after every 1/4 cup or so until all the sugar has been added and walnuts are evenly coated.
- Spread nuts into a single layer on a cookie sheet, either lined with parchment paper or very lightly greased with oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes for even cooking.
- Remove from oven and separate nuts as they begin to cool. If baked on an unlined, greased cookie sheet, transfer nuts to a sheet of wax paper before they cool completely (within 5 minutes of removing pan from oven), otherwise they’ll end up sticking to the pan forever.
- Store in air-tight containers in the refrigerator to maximize freshness.
CLICK HERE or the highlighted products within the recipe to order products suggested for recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment