String Beans & Summer Squash
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil Marketplace Italian Herb EVOO (purchase here)
- 1 pound of green and/or yellow wax beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 large summer squash, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup of reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of dried marjoram or 2 teaspoons fresh (chopped)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beans, squash, garlic, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, cover and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook until the beans are tender-crisp, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in marjoram.