Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 1 lemon
- 1/2c Olive Oil Marketplace Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1c Olive Oil Marketplace Blood Orange EVOO
- 1 tsp. poppy seed
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 8 ounces strawberries
- ½ medium cucumber
- ¼ small red onion, sliced into thin wedges.
- 1 - 6 oz. package baby spinach
- For dressing: Zest lemon to measure ½ teaspoon zest, juice lemon to measure 2 tablespoons juice. Whisk / emulsify together vinegar, zest, juice, sugar, oil and poppy seeds. Whisk until blended. See How to make the Perfect Vinaigrette Cover and refrigerate.
- Hull strawberries and cut into quarters. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise; remove seeds and slice. Place spinach in large serving bowl. Add strawberries, cucumber and onion. Whisk dressing; pour over salad. Gently toss to cover.
- Sprinkle with almonds.