Seared Salmon with Braised Broccoli
- 1 1/4 pounds of salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried, divided
- 1 teaspoon of salt, divided
- 2 heads of broccoli (1-1 1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Olive Oil Marketplace Rosemary EVOO, divided (purchase here)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons of raisins
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 1/2 cup of water
- Season salmon with half the rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon salt at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour before cooking.
- Cut the broccoli into florets with 2-inch-long stalks. Remove the tough outer layer of the stalk with a vegetable peeler. Cut the florets in half lengthwise.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large wide saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add raisins, pine nuts and the remaining rosemary; toss to coat with oil. Cook, stirring, until the pine nuts are fragrant and beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and toss to combine.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the water has almost evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon, skinned-side up, and cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the salmon over, remove the pan from the heat and let stand until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- To serve, divide the broccoli among 4 plates. Drizzle some Rosemary EVOO over the top.
- Top with salmon and spoon raisins, pine nuts and any liquid remaining in the pan over the salmon.