Mongolian Chicken & Mushrooms
CLICK HERE or the highlighted products within the recipe to order products suggested for recipe
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup + 4 teaspoons cornstarch - divided
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil Marketplace EVOO purchase here
- 2 tablespoons Get-R-Smoked Simply Thai Seasoning purchase here
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil Marketplace White Honey Ginger purchase here
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil Marketplace Toasted Sesame Oil purchase here - Divided
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 med onion - sliced
- 2 cups Fresh Mushrooms - sliced
- Place the chicken in a resealable plastic bag, ad 1/4 cup cornstarch and Simply Thai Seasoning - shake to coat evenly.
- Heat the EVOO in a large pan over high heat
- Add the chicken to the pan in a single layer
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until browned. Cook in multiple batches if needed.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels
- Add 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil and onions to pan - sauté 3-4 minutes
- Add the mushrooms to the pan - sauté till desired texture 3-4minutes
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the soy sauce, 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, water and brown sugar to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Mix the 4 teaspoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoon of cold water. Add the cornstarch to the sauce and bring to a boil; boil for 30-60 seconds until just thickened.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and toss to coat with the sauce. Serve over rice if desired.
Get the Recipe Here!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment