Mexican Corn Salad
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil Marketplace Spanish EVOO (purchase here)
- 4 cups fresh or frozen yellow corn, thawed if frozen (from about 6 ears)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Parmesan or Romano cheese, plus more for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ teaspoons Get-R-Smoked Mexican Seasoning (purchase here)
- Juice from two limes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil on medium-high until shimmering.
- Using Chef'n Cob Corn Stripper (purchase here) (if using fresh corn), remove corn from cob.
- Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn is toasted and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic, and cook for another 30 seconds or so. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the toasted corn mixture with the remaining ingredients.
- Adjust seasonings, adding more of your preferred flavors, if desired.
- Serve at room temperature with additional Parmesan or Romano cheese. Enjoy!