- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- ¼ cup Olive Oil Marketplace Blood Orange EVOO
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil Marketplace Traditional Aged Balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ head iceberg lettuce torn into pieces
- ½ head romaine lettuce torn into pieces
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 whole green onions chopped
- 3 fresh mandarins peeled, sectioned
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients and chill.
- In a small pan over medium heat, cook the almonds and sugar, stirring constantly until the almonds are coated and the sugar has dissolved. Watch carefully- the almonds will burn easily. Cool, and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Combine the lettuce, celery and green onions. Just before serving, add the almonds and oranges and toss with the dressing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment