Lots of injection marinades are built around a Cajun flavor. This one is mild in heat, but rich in herb flavors. Make sure that the herbs you use are ground so that they will fit through your injection needle.
CLICK HERE or the highlighted products within the recipe to order products suggested for recipe.
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil Marketplace Tuscan Herb EVOO (purchase here)
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Get-R-Smoked Italian Blend Seasoning (purchase here)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil Marketplace Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar (purchase here)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Make sure that your Italian Seasoning is finely ground. If you need to run it through a spice grinder or a mortal and pestle.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- This marinade will settle so you need to give it a stir every time you reload the needle.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup liquid crab boil
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil Marketplace Chipotle Olive Oil (purchase here)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Get-R-Smoked Blazin' Cajun Spice (purchase here)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Get-R-Smoked Smoked Paprika (purchase here)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Heat until butter is melted.
- Stir and continue heating until sauce is very liquefied.
- Inject while still hot enough to stay liquid.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil Marketplace Butter EVOO (purchase here) or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Get-R-Smoked White Ground Pepper (purchase here)
- Heat Olive Oil or Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients, except the salt. Mix well.
- Add salt until mixture has a slight, but not overpowering salt flavor.
- Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool enough to work with and load into meat injector. About 5-6 minutes.
This injection solution super-hydrates your turkey so it stays nice and moist while it cooks. It works particularly well on turkey breast. The cayenne and hot sauce give it a Cajun flare that makes this recipe perfect for fried turkey. Feel free to adjust the spicier ingredients to suit your tastes
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 3 ounces Olive Oil Marketplace Garlic EVOO (purchase here)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/3 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1/3 cup Get-R-Smoked Chipotle Balsamic Hot Sauce (purchase here)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a medium glass of plastic bowl.
- Using a marinade syringe, inject liquid into the turkey throughout all the meaty portions.
- Do this about 24 hours before you plan to start cooking the turkey.
- Make sure to place the turkey in a pan, secure well with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator.