Finger Lickin' Smoked Pork Ribs
- 2 racks of pork baby back ribs
- Coarse kosher salt
- Get-R-Smoked Sweet & Spicy Southern Rub (purchase here)
- Get-R-Smoked Balsamic BBQ Sauce (purchase here)
- Remove the membrane from the back side of the ribs
- Place the ribs boney side up on cutting board.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of kosher salt evenly on the boney side of the ribs.
- Place the ribs in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the fridge, flip them over to meaty side up and sprinkle a tsp of kosher salt evenly on the meaty (top) side of the ribs.
- Place the ribs back into the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight is okay.
- There is no need to rinse the ribs after this dry brining process.
- Season the outside of the ribs generously with Get-R-Smoked Sweet & Spicy Southern Rub on the top meaty side of the ribs.
- Let the ribs sit there just a few minutes until they get that "wet" look.
- Set up your smoker for cooking at about 230°F
- Once your smoker is heated up and ready to smoke.
- Place the ribs bone side down if possible.
- Let the ribs cook at about 230°F and with smoke for 2 hours.
- At the end of 2 hours, wrap the ribs with foil.
- Do this carefully so as to not tear the foil. If you do happen to tear it, just double wrap it with another piece.
- Place the wrapped ribs back into the 230°F smoker and you can even stack them all together if you need to.
- Let them cook in this wrapped state for about 2 hours.
- With a total of 4 hours past, you now want to unwrap them again.
- They will be very soft on the outside and very tender on the inside, and this last step is to firm up the outside just a little before serving them.
- Remove the foil and place them back into the 230°F smoker for 1 hour.
- Slice up the ribs and serve them
- Sauce the ribs several times over the course of this last hour to make them nice and sticky.