Buttery Smoked Shrimp & Sausage
- 2 lbs shrimp colossal 16-22
- 1 lb smoked sausage links
- 1/4 cup Get-R-Smoked Sweet & Spicy Southern Rub - Purchase Here
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 poblano or jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 orange halved
- 1 lemon halved
- 1 to 3 sticks butter ¾ pound
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Place shrimp and sausage into a foil pan.
- Add ¼ cup of chopped parsley to the top of the shrimp.
- Add ½ chopped poblano or 1 chopped jalapeno to the top of the shrimp.
- Cut the lemon and orange in half and squeeze the juice from the halves over the shrimp.
- Sprinkle about 2 TBS of Sweet & Spicy rub onto the mixture and toss.
- Sprinkle another 2 TBS of Sweet & Spicy rub onto the top of the mixture and toss again.
- Place the pan into the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- Melt 2 sticks of butter and pour it over the mixture. If you need more to cover, melt the 3rd stick.
- Set up the smoker for cooking at about 220°F using indirect heat.
- Keep a light smoke going for at least 30 minutes.
- Check the shrimp after 40 minutes to make sure they aren't getting done to quick. When shrimp are done, the flesh will be slightly opaque (no longer transparent) and the shell will be pink to bright pink. The bite should be crisp, not rubbery.
- Serve immediately when finished
Recommended Wood: Hickory/Pecan
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!