Asian Sesame Zucchini & Squash
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1/4c. Olive Oil Marketplace White Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar (purchase here)
- 1/2c. Olive Oil Marketplace Toasted Sesame Seed Oil (purchase here)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pinch Get-R-Smoked Red Pepper flakes (purchase here)
- 1/4 tsp Olive Oil Marketplace Sea Salt (purchase here)
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- Parsley for garnish
- Chicken, Sausage, Shrimp
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red & Green Peppers
- Bean Sprouts
- Red Onion
- Spiralize your zucchini & squash to make noodles or use a vegetable peeler to create "ribbons" Place in a large bowl.
- Whisk / emulsify together the balsamic, olive oil, garlic, red pepper, sea salt, and black pepper in a small bowl to make a vinaigrette. (you may need to double this depending how sloppy you like it) - Click here How to make the Perfect Vinaigrette (purchase here)
- Pour 1/2 the vinaigrette over the zucchini & squash and massage it into the noodles for 1 minute - let rest.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, saute any vegetables or meat at this time.
- Then add zucchini and squash mixture.
- Choose Option 1 or 2 below
- Toss with the remaining vinaigrette.
- Serve and garnish with chopped parsley
- Drain water from pan if necessary (some water will come out of squash and zucchini)
Option 1 - Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes until zucchini and squash are tender.
Option 2 - Don't cook the zucchini and squash - it will warm up a bit when you toss it with the warm veggies and meat