Texas Barbecue Juice
This is a Great Sauce to use with our Beef Brisket – Texas Style recipe.
- 1 tablespoon OOM Smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of butter or Bacon Fat
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup beer
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup OOM Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Hot sauce to taste (start with 2 teaspoons for mild heat)
- 2 cups beef, veal, or chicken stock
- Sliced Mushroom
- Mix the paprika, black pepper, American chili powder, and cumin in a small bowl.
- In a one quart saucepan, melt the butter or bacon fat and gently cook the onion over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the garlic, bell pepper, and the spice mix you made in step (1). Stir, and cook for two minutes to extract the flavors.
- Add the stock and the rest of the ingredients. Stir until well blended. Simmer on medium for 15 minutes. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for a month or so.
- Because it has a high acid content, it can keep for months in the refrigerator.