Sweet Orange Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil Marketplace Blood Orange EVOO
- 1 lb chicken
- 3/4 carrot
- 3/4 cup red pepper / Broccoli (optional)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil Marketplace Mandarin Orange Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- sesame seeds
- Stir water into cornstarch in small cup. Set aside.
- Heat large frying pan or wok on medium high until very hot. Add cooking oil. Add chicken. Stir fry for about 5 minutes until browned. Add carrots and cook until tender. Add red peppers if you desire.onions or broccoli.
- Combine remaining 6 ingredients in small bowl .Add to chicken mixture. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med-low. Simmer, covered, for about 6 minutes until chicken is no longer pink inside and carrot is tender crisp. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Heat and stir for about 1 minute until boiling and thickened.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.