Salisbury Steak Garlic Mash Potatoes Mushroom & Onion gravy
For the steaks :
- 1/3 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 Small yellow onion grated
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 TBS Get-R-Smoked Dirty Croc Seasoning - Purchased Here
- 1 LB Ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil Marketplace Scallion EVOO - Purchased Here
For the mushroom sauce :
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 8 oz. Sliced portobella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 2 cups Beef broth
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the grated onion, breadcrumbs, egg, Dirty Croc Seasoning, kosher salt and black pepper until well blended.
- Add the ground beef to the bowl and mix it with the breadcrumbs and onion mixture. I recommend using your hands for this.
- Divide the beef mixture into four equal parts.
- Form 4 oval-shaped patties with your hands.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Only when it is hot (after about 2 minutes), add the olive oil to the pan and stir to coat.
- Add the patties to the hot pan and cook them for 2 minutes on each side – they should have a nice brown color.
- Remove the patties and place them on a plate.
- Add the butter to the pan, then add the sliced mushrooms once butter has melted. Cook the mushrooms for 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms. Stir the mushrooms, coating each one in the flour, and continue cooking for another minute.
- Add the beef stock , stirring constantly to incorporate the flour, and simmer.
- Add the steak patties to the sauce mixture and simmer, uncovered, for an additional 5 minutes or until fully cooked and sauce has thickened.
- Serve over Mash Potatoes or Noodles.
CLICK HERE or the highlighted products within the recipe to order products suggested for recipe
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!