Ozark Mountain Beer Bread Mixes Variations
These mixes are amazing on their own or you can add other ingredients or substitute the beer with 7-UP, Sprite, or Mt. Dew. We recommend using a Lite Beer.
- Add 1 cup of shredded mild or sharp cheddar cheese (or your favorite flavor of cheese) for a delicious cheese bread. Add and 10 minutes to baking time.
- Add 1 cup chopped strawberries and substitute to strawberry soda in place of beer. When cooled, cover with cream cheese frosting or strawberry glaze. (See glaze recipe below)
- Add chopped dried apricots, raisin, craisins, cherries, nuts, chopped apple, fresh blueberries, or your favorite fruit.
- Add 12 ounces of pumpkin puree and substitute orange soda for beer
- Add honey to top and sides while loaf is hot
- Add 1 chopped apple, raisins, and nuts. Substitute apple ale for the beer. This can be baked in a greased bundt pan and frosted with cream cheese frosting or caramel glaze. (See caramel glaze recipe below)
- Add raisins & or nuts and bake in a muffin pan. Top with caramel glaze, cream cheese frosting, or cinnamon streusel. (See below for streusel recipe)
- Mix bread as directed, add 1/2 the batter to a greased loaf pan, spread a layer of streusel. Add remaining batter. Bake as directed on the package. When you remove the bread to add melted butter add a layer of streusel on top. Return to oven for 8 to 10 minutes
Jalapeno- Hot or Mild
- Add 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese. Bake in a loaf or muffin pan, or for Jalapeno cheddar bite-size puffs, bake in a mini-muffin pan. Great for party snacks
- Place a slice of sharp cheddar cheese between thinly sliced buttered Jalapeno bread, grill until cheese is melted and bread is toasted on both sides of sandwich
Garlic & Herb
- Add1 cup of cheddar or parmesan cheese. Add 10 minutes to baking time. Serve with soup or stew
- Can be baked in a muffin pan, mini-muffin pan, drop biscuits or loaf pan. Biscuits and muffins only need to be baked for 30 minutes. Loaf pan add 10 minutes.
- 5 Tbsps butter, 3 Tbsps caramel ice cream topping, 1 1/2 C powdered sugar,
- Melt butter& stir in ice cream topping. Add powdered sugar 1/2 C at a time, whisking in between. Stir until smooth
- Combine 2 C powdered sugar, 2 Tbsps melted butter, 1/2 C finely chopped strawberries, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1 to 2 Tbsps heavy cream or milk. Mix until smooth
- In a bowl stir together 1/2C brown sugar, 1/2C granulated sugar, 1/2Cflour, 1/8tsp salt. Add 1/4C unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces. Use a pastry blender or fork to cut the batter into mixture until it is the texture of course meal.