Easy, delicious and inexpensive to make.
For even better flavor, make this dish the day before you plan to serve it.
- 3 lbs. Beef Stew Meat
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil Marketplace Garlic EVOO (purchase here)
- 1 tbsp Get-R-Smoked Crocodile Tears Seasoning (purchase here)
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil Marketplace Traditional Aged Balsamic (purchase here)
- 1 sweet onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Sherry or Red Wine
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut in eighths
- 1/2 Bag frozen Mixed Veggies
- Mushrooms - As many as you like!!
- Salt and Pepper to taset
- fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
- On medium-high heat, add the olive oil to a large heavy pot (one that has a tight-fitting lid).
- When hot, add the beef and brown very well. Do so in batches if necessary.
- Add the Get-R-Smoked Crocodile Tears Seasoning (purchase here) as the beef browns.
- Once browned, remove the beef with a slotted spoon set aside.
- Add Balsamic the onions and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the flour and cook for 2 minutes stirring often.
- Add wine and deglaze the pan, scraping any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. The flour will start to thicken the wine as it comes to a simmer. (may need to add some of the beef broth for more liquid)
- Simmer wine for 5 minutes and then add the broth, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary and the beef.
- Bring back to a gentle simmer, cover and cook on very low for about 1 hour.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, mushrooms, and mixed veggies and simmer covered for another 30 minutes or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Turn off heat and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with the fresh parsley if desired.
CLICK HERE or the highlighted products within the recipe to order products suggested for recipe.