Hot & Sour Carrots
The hot-and-sour sauce on these quick sautéed carrots is not for the timid palate. They have an abundance of bold, spicy flavor. Try them with steamed white fish and brown rice. CLICK HERE or the highlighted products within the recipe to order products suggested for recipe.
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil Marketplace Chili Balsamic purchase here
- 1 tablespoon of black bean-garlic sauce Find it in the Asian-foods section of most supermarkets
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil Marketplace Grape seed oil purchase here
- 1 pound of carrots 5-6 medium, cut lengthwise into 3-by-1/4-inch sticks
- 1 medium white onion thinly sliced
- Combine Balsamic and black bean-garlic sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add carrots, onion and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the sauce and cook, stirring, until the vinegar has evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
CLICK HERE or the highlighted products within the recipe to order products suggested for recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!