Grilled Seafood Pizza
- 1 lb Gulf Shrimp Raw peeled and deveined
- 4 Lobster Tails
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil Marketplace Parmesan & Garlic EVOO - Purchased Here divided
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 cups White Pizza Sauce
- 2 10" Pizza Dough Balls or prepared crusts from store
- 12 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground White Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 3/4 cup Warm water
- 1 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil Marketplace House Blend EVOO - Purchased Here
White Sauce Instructions
- Melt butter over medium heat in a sauce pot.
- Add flour and whisk for 2-3 minutes to cook flour.
- Slowly whisk in heated heavy cream and bring to simmer.
- Add parmesan cheese and seasoning stirring to combine. Sauce will thicken as it heats.
- Add additional cream if necessary to get to the right consistency.
Pizza Dough Instructions
- In stand mixer or large bowl add water, yeast, and sugar. Allow yeast to dissolve for 5 minutes until bubbles form on top of liquid.
- Add half of the flour and mix on low speed for 2 minutes. (stir by hand if using a bowl).
- Scrape the sides and add remaining flour and mix for 3 minutes at level 3 on stand mixer.
- Scrape sides and move speed to 4 and continue mixing for 3 additional minutes.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a floured surface. Knead dough gently and form into a ball.
- Grease a large bowl with olive oil and add dough ball (gently move the dough around in the bowl to oil the outside).
- Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and place in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, turn it out on a floured surface and cut in half. Form into 2 equal size balls and rest until ready to make pizza.
- Prepare the grill (or smoker) for indirect cooking at 450-500 degrees.
- Place shrimp on wooden skewers (soak skewers in water to prevent burning). Use kitchen shears to split lobster tails down the top. Gently work the meat away from the shell using your fingers
- Drizzle the shrimp and lobster with Garlic EVOO. Combine the garlic salt, parsley, and red pepper in a small bowl and season the shrimp/lobster with several pinches of the seasoning blend.
- Cook the shrimp and lobster on the grill until no longer translucent. Shrimp about 4-5 minutes, lobster about 8 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the skewers and the lobster tails from the shell. Chop into bite size pieces and toss together. Place meat in a small bowl.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and form into a thin pizza crust. Use your hands or a roller and if the dough tears pinch it back together. You can also substitute a store bought pizza crust if you prefer.
- Carefully transfer the pizza dough onto a sheet of butcher paper. Ladle white sauce onto the crust and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Add the shrimp and lobster meat and season with a pinch of garlic salt seasoning blend and a drizzle of Garlic EVOO.
- Place the pizza on a ceramic cooking stone and cook until the crust is brown and the cheese is hot and bubbly.
CLICK HERE or the highlighted products within the recipe to order products suggested for recipe
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment