Greek Orzo Stuffed Peppers
- 4 yellow, orange and/or red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil Marketplace Southwest Orzo
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil Marketplace Roasted Chili Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 ounces of baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil Marketplace Sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Halve peppers lengthwise through the stems, leaving the stems attached. Remove the seeds and white membrane. Place the peppers cut-side down in a large microwave-safe dish. Add 1/2 inch water, cover and microwave on High until the peppers are just softened, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool slightly, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add orzo and cook until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Mash chickpeas into a chunky paste with a fork, leaving some whole.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add spinach and oregano and cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in the orzo, chickpeas, 1/2 cup feta, tomatoes, vinegar and salt; cook until heated though, about 1 minute. Divide the filling among the pepper halves and sprinkle each pepper with some of the remaining 1/4 cup feta.
- Serve with whole-wheat pita bread and cucumber salad.