If you go to any grocery store or drug store and go to the hair care aisle, you will find countless choices for hair treatments and conditioners. Consumers spent money on products designed for healing damaged hair, products designed to moisturize hair, products designed to protect hair, and products designed for split ends but what the companies who manufacture hair care products do not want you to know is that the answer to all of those problems can be found in your kitchen.
What they do not want you to know is that high quality olive oil on your hair will work just as well, or better. That is right. Olive oil, its uses go far beyond simple using as cooking oil. If you use high quality olive oil as a hair treatment, you will not have need for expensive hair care products.
A Healthier Solution
Have you ever looked at the back of any bottle of conditioner? There are ingredients that you cannot pronounce let alone identify. We are exposed to enough chemicals daily and we just increase our exposure to them when using conditioners and hair care products. Olive oil is the all-natural solution to your hair care needs it has no harsh chemicals to irritate your skin.
Why Olive Oil Helps
The fatty acids that olive oil is made up of will coat the shaft of your hair, helping to keep it healthy and protected. Using hair dye, flat irons and even using hair dryers can damage the outer layer of your hair. Olive oil will coat the damaged outer layers of your hair, giving them a sleeker, smoother, and healthier appearance.
Hair care products are full of chemicals, which actually can damage your hair more in the long run. Using a high quality olive oil as a hair treatment will give your hair back its health appearance, naturally. Using a high quality olive oil means that you will be using olive oil that is pure, with no impurities, which is the best that your hair deserves.
Benefits of Using Olive Oil on your Hair
- Dandruff treatments – Dandruff is usually caused when the scalp becomes dry and flaky, causing those unsightly white flakes. Olive oil is a natural moisturizer. When massaged into the scalp it will moisturize your scalp, reducing the appearance of your dandruff naturally, with no chemically laden shampoos. Use the treatment as often as needed until the problem fades and then just once or twice a week to keep it from reoccurring.
- Frizzy hair tamer – Dry hair is brittle hair and even just brushing your hair can cause split ends that turn your hair into a frizzy mess. Using olive oil on just the ends of your hair moisturizes those brittle ends, and will help smooth down the split ends, taming the frizz and the flyaway hairs. Use it after styling on just the ends of your hair to tame your hair. This works great in the winter when hair tends to be dryer and this solution is perfect for those who routinely flat iron their hair. When used after straightening your hair, olive oil will hold give moisture and a bit of weight to the ends, keeping your hair looking smooth.
- Adds Shine – Healthy hair has a natural shine. Damaged and dry hair looks dull and lifeless but you can bring your hair back to life with olive oil. When used as a conditioner olive oil infuses your hair with moisture, restoring it to a healthy and beautiful looking shine.
- Easier to Manage – Unhealthy hair is not easy to style; it is either limp or frizzy. Using olive oil as a hot oil treatment will make your hair healthy and manageable once again.
- Softens Hair – Some people have hair that is rough and course. Weekly olive oil treatments are a natural way to soften your hair because it will saturate your hair with moisture.
Once a Week is all you Need!
With regular conditioner, you use it every time you wash your hair. When you use olive oil as a treatment, you will find that you will likely only need to condition your hair once a week. Damaged or course hair might do best with two treatments a week but you will not have to do it daily. Typically, once a week for about half an hour, always before you wash your hair, will usually be enough.
How to Apply Olive Oil as a Treatment
You will need to start off with your hair unwashed but brushed. Wear an old t-shirt and you might want to stand on an old towel or sheet because it will probably drip. Do NOT do this in your shower; it will turn the floor of your shower into a slippery mess.
In a microwave safe bowl, pour about ½ cup of olive oil and microwave for just about thirty seconds. You want it to be warm but not hot.
Use your fingertips to massage olive oil into your scalp so that your entire scalp is covered and then use a comb dipped in the olive oil to coat the rest of your hair. Tuck your hair into a plastic shower cap or wrap your head in a towel. Leave the olive oil on for half an hour and then wash your hair in the sink. After you shampoo your hair, rinse with cold water but there will be no need to use a separate conditioner.
Suggested Olive Oil – Olive Oil Marketplace House Blend
While we provide sound and useful information base don multiple research, hair is not an exact science, and everybody’s hair responds differently to different treatments. You understand that whatever actions you take based on the tips/advice/info provided on this website is at your own risk and of own free will.