Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta with Sausage
- 1 lb. Large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Get-R-Smoked Mikes SPG All-Purpose Seasoning/Rub - Purchased Here
- 3 tablespoons Get-R-Smoked Blazin Cajun Seasoning - Purchase Here
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil Marketplace Smoked Hickory EVOO
- 14 oz Andouille sausage or smoked sausage thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 Small yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 Bell pepper Any color - Chopped into Chunks
- 1 Small Zucchini Chopped into Chunks
- 8 oz Sliced Mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons Get-R-Smoked Blazin Cajun Seasoning - Purchase Here
- 1 teaspoon Brown sugar
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- ½ cup Crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Chicken broth
- 2 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Parsley chopped
- 10 oz Red Bell Pepper Fettuccine - Purchase Here Or any Noodle/ Orzo of choice
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, sausage with Olive Oil, Mike's SPG Seasoning, Cajun seasoning and Oregano, and toss until well coated. Set aside.
- Prepare stock pot to cook pasta in salted boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle bottom of pan with olive oil.
- Add shrimp and sausage and cook for 2-5 minutes, until cooked through, stirring regularly. Then remove to a plate and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and add butter and a bit more olive oil to the pan, add the onion, red bell pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, Cajun seasoning, brown sugar, and a generous pinch of salt. Sauté until veggies have softened a bit, scraping up any browned bits that you can. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer, stirring and scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan, simmer a couple minutes.
- Once simmering, add Parmesan and stir into sauce. When Parmesan is blended in, add cooked pasta, shrimp and sausage and stir to combine and heat through, 2 - 3 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
CLICK HERE or the highlighted products within the recipe to order products suggested for recipe
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!