Chicken Taco Bowls
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas
- Olive Oil Marketplace Roasted Chili Olive Oil (purchase here)
- 6 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Olive Oil Marketplace Roasted Chili Olive Oil (purchase here)
- 1/2 cup of Goose Poop Mild (purchase here) or Goose Poop Spicy (purchase here)
- 1/4 cup of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced lettuce
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of sliced ripe black olives
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wrap tortillas in a barely damp, clean kitchen towel (or paper towel) and microwave on High until steamed, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Coat each side of the tortillas with Roasted Chili Olive Oil.
- Turn a 12-cup muffin tin upside down. Nestle each tortilla in the space between 4 cups to form a “bowl.”
- Bake until firm and beginning to brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, toss chicken with garlic powder and salt in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until it is no longer pink on the outside, about 3 minutes.
- Add salsa and cook, stirring frequently, until the salsa is bubbling and the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 3 minutes more. Remove from the heat; cover to keep warm.
- Fill each tortilla bowl with about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture. Top with 1 tablespoon each cheese and sour cream, 2 tablespoons each lettuce and tomato and a few olives.