Chicken and Peppers with Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil Marketplace Shallot with Garlic Olive Oil, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil Marketplace Traditional Balsamic vinegar, divided - or any flavor balsamic if your choice
- Heat 2 tablespoons Shallot with Garlic olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken in the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and brown on both sides. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat, and stir in the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, and onion. Cook about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Mix in the garlic, and cook and stir about 1 minute. Mix in the basil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Stir in remaining balsamic vinegar and drizzle with a little more Shallot w/Garlic Olive Oil just before serving.