"Breaded" Chicken Stuffed w/Spinach, Feta, and Cream Cheese
- 3 lbs (4 Large) boneless chicken breast,
- 6 oz fresh Spinach (chopped)
- 3/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese,
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 3TBS Olive Oil Marketplace Bacon EVOO (purchase here)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Bisquick Bake Mix
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Get-R Smoked Amazing Chicken seasoning (purchase here)
- 1/4 tsp Get-R Smoked Smoked Paprika (purchase here)
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Remove any bits of bone or grizzle from chicken breasts. Pat dry with paper towels. Slice longitudinally in half and not all the way through, just as though you were going to butterfly the chicken breast. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine chopped spinach, Feta cheese, cream cheese and garlic.
- In bowl, beat eggs with fork.
- On a plate, stir together Bake Mix, Parmesan cheese black pepper, chicken seasoning and paprika. Move over to one side of the plate.
- Dip each chicken breast in egg wash first and then place chicken breast next to breading on a plate, and spoon (important to spoon it or there won’t be enough breading for all the chicken) breading over chicken on both sides.
- In frying pan over medium heat, add Olive Oil, fry chicken on both sides until golden brown – around 8 minutes in total (turn them over as necessary).
- Place in 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Stuff each chicken breast with one quarter of the spinach mixture.
- Bake about 25 minutes in the preheated oven, however, depending on thickness of chicken breasts, check after 10 minutes. (Chicken should be white throughout without any pink showing and juices should run clear. Because of the stuffing in the middle, using a meat thermometer may not be an accurate way to gauge things.)