Basil, Shrimp & Zucchini Pasta
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1 8-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil Marketplace Basil EVOO divided
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper, or more to taste
- Pinch of of cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 pound of peeled and deveined raw shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 cups of orecchiette or other small pasta,
- 2 medium zucchini or summer squash or 1 of each
- Combine 1/4 cup basil, tomato sauce, 2 teaspoons oil, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne in a medium bowl. Stir in shrimp; let stand for at least 10 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water until just tender, 8 to 11 minutes or according to package directions. Drain.
- Quarter squash lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp mixture along with the squash. Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are pink and just barely cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta and heat, stirring, until piping hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup basil and season with pepper.