Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili for Two
- 2 teaspoons of Olive Oil Marketplace EVOO
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil Marketplace Old Fashion Chili Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt, or to taste
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup of canned diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and potato and cook, stirring often, until the onion is slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, chili seasoning and salt and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add water, bring to a simmer, cover, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes and lime juice; increase heat to high and return to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until slightly reduced, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro.