Italian Wedding Walnut Cookies
- 2 cups unbleached baking flour
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil Marketplace Walnut Oil - Purchase Here
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, ground nuts, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the Walnut oil and vanilla extract and then stir the liquids into the dry ingredients, until a sticky dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half and wrap each portion in plastic wrap. Chill the dough for several hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into marble sized balls and place on cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool cookies on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Roll in remaining 1 cup confectioner's sugar.
- Makes about 60-70 Wedding Cookies.
Get the Recipe Here!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment