Grilled Smoky Eggplant Salad
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Cut stripes in each eggplant's peel by running a vegetable peeler down the length of it and repeating at about 1-inch intervals.
- Slice the eggplants into rounds 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick. Lay them on a baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Blot the eggplant slices with paper towels and lightly coat both sides with olive oil cooking spray. Grill the eggplant, flipping halfway through, until soft and browned on both sides, 9 to 11 minutes total.
- Puree oil, vinegar, tomato, garlic, paprika and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender until well combined.
- Toss salad greens with half the vinaigrette in a medium bowl.
- Arrange the eggplant slices on 6 salad plates.
- Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette.
- Place the salad greens over and between the eggplant slices, then scatter the cheese curls on top of each salad.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.