- 1/2 pound fresh not packaged mozzarella cheese, cut in thick (1/4 to 1/3 inch) slices
- 2 large ripe tomatoes cut in thick 1/3 inch slices
- 8 to 10 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil Marketplace Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Olive Oil Marketplace Fig Balsamic or Olive Oil Marketplace Traditional Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh ground pepper
- Sea Salt or coarse salt
- Arrange alternating tomato and mozzarella slices on a serving platter, or place a tomato on an individual serving dish and top each piece of tomato with a slice of mozzarella. This may be done a few hours in advance. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Just prior to serving, chop the basil coarsely into thin strips. Sprinkle the basil over the tomato/mozzarella pieces. Drizzle a thin line of extra-virgin olive oil on top of the tomato-mozzarella combination. Follow with a few drops of balsamic vinegar per sliced tomato if desired and then add freshly ground pepper and salt to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment