Caprese Olive Oil Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup Olive Oil Marketplace Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Garlic Extra-Virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 oz. small fresh mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, and extra-virgin olive oil. Whisk well until combined.
- Pour the flour mixture into the eggs mixture and stir until just combined. Do not over-mix or the bread will become tough. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, and stir until just combined.
- Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray. Scoop the batter into the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake until the top is light golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out dry, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove the bread from the pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and serve.