Butternut Squash and Pomegranate Salad
- 1 and ½ cups uncooked barley
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into ½” chunks
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil Marketplace Blood Orange EVOO
- 2 tsps fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium to large pomegranate seeded
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil Marketplace Traditional Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook barley in 3 cups water until water is absorbed, (just like rice). Cool.
- Toss squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Roast 20 minutes in oven at 375 degrees, stirring ½ way through.
- Mix 1/3 cup mandarin oil with 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar.
- Combine cooked barley, squash, pomegranate seeds and green onions in a bowl. Pour oil/vinegar over and mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment