- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil Marketplace Spanish Blend EVOO
- 2 pounds of lean (90% lean or leaner) ground beef
- 4 ounces of chorizo-style cooked chicken sausage, diced
- 2 tablespoon of Olive Oil Marketplace Old Fashion Chili Seasoning
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of red-wine vinegar
- 2 cups of diced onion
- 2 cups of chopped seeded Jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup of frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup of pitted green olives, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beef and sausage and cook, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon, for 5 to 6 minutes. If necessary, transfer to a colander and drain any extra fat, then return to the skillet.
- Add chili seasoning; cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in water, tomato paste and vinegar until combined.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Stir in onion, peppers, corn, olives and garlic. Add tomatoes with their juice.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Stir the picadillo to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare through Step 3; cover and refrigerate the mixture in a large container. Transfer to the slow cooker to cook.
Make Ahead Tip: