Mole Steak Marinade
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil Marketplace Espresso Balsamic (purchase here)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil Marketplace Roasted Chili Olive Oil (purchase here)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk all ingredients except the butter till thoroughly combined until smooth
- Brush each steak with 1 tablespoon of the mole sauce and let the steaks stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Light a grill. Season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill them over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side for rare to medium-rare meat. Transfer to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the remaining mole sauce to a simmer. Whisk in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Serve the steaks with the mole sauce on the side.