This simple diabetic recipe is perfect for a quick lunch or a diet dinner. One tip for a better presentation of this dish is that you shouldn't put the balsamic vinaigrette on the salad long before serving. This dressing has a dark brown color, which could alter the look of the vegetables a little bit if allowed to sit in the salad bowl for too long.
- 1 medium carrot (peeled and cut into 1-inch matchsticks)
- 1 small cucumber (peeled and cut into 1-inch matchsticks)
- 1 medium ripe mango (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 Avocado
- ½ cup chopped Thai parsley
- 2 tbsps. Olive Oil Marketplace Mango Balsamic
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil Marketplace Blood Orange EVOO
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Combine the mango and vegetables in a large salad bowl.
- Combine all the balsamic vinaigrette ingredients in another bowl and stir together well. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together before serving.