Diabetic Recipe-Balsamic Glazed Shrimp
Diabetic cooking isn't all about cutting the sweetness but choosing a smart substitute.
- 20 medium shrimp (peeled and and deveined)
- 2 tbsps. Olive Oil Marketplace House Blend EVOO
- 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsps. Olive Oil Marketplace Vanilla balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of pepper and onion powder
- a few sprigs of parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add shrimp, onion powder and pepper. Stir constantly.
- When the shrimp start to turn pink, add balsamic vinegar and stir together well. Make sure the vinegar coats every shrimp. Cook for another minute or until the shrimp are completely cooked.
- Serve with your choice of salad or steamed vegetables. (I served mine on a bed of baby spinach.) Garnish with sprigs of parsley.