Cream Cheese filled Banana Bread
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 c flour
- 1 c chopped nuts
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp flour
- Olive Oil Marketplace Bacanut Balsamic - Drizzle
CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE:
- Mix 1 cup sugar, butter & 2 eggs. Add bananas, salt, the soda dissolved in sour cream, & 2 cups flour. Mix well and add nuts.
- Divide 1/2 of this mixture into 2 greased & floured loaf pans.
- Combine cream cheese mixture ingredients and spread over mixture in pans. Spread remaining banana bread batter on top.
- You can sprinkle a few extra nuts on top or sprinkle top with 1 T. sugar mixed w. 1/2 T. cinnamon before baking. Makes a nice crunchy top.
- 2 Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Test for doneness.
- Cool Drizzle Balsamic on top and slice.