Browned Butter Gnocchi & Butternut Squash in a Pumpkin Pie Spiced Balsamic
- 1 package potato gnocchi
- 1/2 of one butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- Olive Oil Marketplace Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 4 oz. Plugra European Style Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces - OPTIONAL
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh sage leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil Marketplace Pumpkin Pie Spiced Balsamic
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place cubed butternut squash on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper and gently toss to coat evenly. Roast squash for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Place the cold butter in a medium skillet preheated over medium heat. Do not swirl or move around. Once the butter has melted and has begun to turn brown around the edges, add the sage and salt and pepper to taste.
- When the sage begins to give off its aroma and slightly crisps up, add the nuts and cook for one minute. Add the drained gnocchi and butternut squash. Stir gently to mix and reduce head to medium-low to low to keep warm.
- Heat a small sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the pumpkin pie spiced balsamic. Stir and cook to reduce the balsamic until it becomes a bit thicker, about 3 minutes. Pour over the gnocchi mixture and stir to mix.
- Transfer the gnocchi mixture to a platter and top with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano